What is coaching?
It is a collaborative partnership between the coach and coachee where focus is entirely on coachee.
- Coaching can help you realize your full potential, challenge your (often self-imposed) limits, open your mind to new possibilities.
- Coaching is a tool, a means, to help you improve your performance and achieve greater success. If you do not have clarity where you should be headed towards, coaching can help you find and navigate new paths.
Whether it is personal life or career, a coach helps you uncover and leverage strengths to enable you achieve your goals.
What are different types of coaching?
At broad level, there are two types of coaching
- Business Coaching: This is often synonymous with Executive coaching, Sales Coaching, Management Coaching and the coach usually engages with people as part of bigger picture of ‘business’.
- Personal Coaching: Also called Life Coaching, Career Coaching. The engagement of coach is focused on growth of a particular person.
It needs to be borne in mind that the role/approach of coach does not significantly differ as the engagement is always with ‘people’ in both scenarios.
How does coaching work?
Coaching is always a one-to-one engagement between the coach and coachee. A coach first engages with coachee to understand the situation/issue, works with him/her over a period of time towards achieving the goals they agree to. Once the goals are achieved, the agreement would be concluded with proper ‘closure’ that has been agreed upon.
Coachee, if desirous, can continue the engagement to achieve further goals.
Do I need a Coach? Isn’t coaching for underperformers?
This statement could not be any more farther from truth. To help it understand better, let’s take example from field of sports. Whether it is Saina Nehwal at individual level, or the Indian Cricket team, right coaching enables all to reach their potential. None of them can be called as underperformers. Saina, as well as players who are part of the Indian Cricket team have already reached a level of competence and are way better than others. But still, need for coach is there. Influence of right (as well as bad) coaching is quite evident if we trace the ups and downs of the team for last decade or so.
When should I engage a Coach?
You should engage a coach when you want to accelerate your development, be it personal or professional level. But more importantly you should engage one only and only if you are committed to investing time, effort, energy and financial resource resources for same.
To put it bluntly, it cannot be your ‘last’ resort of problem solving since the results may be far from satisfactory.
What should I expect from MindSpeak Coaching?
Our coaching is a three stage process:
- Pre Coaching Engagement
During this engagement MindSpeak coach will interact with you on a 1-1 basis to establish a ‘connect’. It is important to feel comfortable with each other for both the coach as well as coachee. Accordingly the coach will explain the process, data requirement if any, and set the expectations of the coachee as to what and what not to expect. This phase concludes with signing of a ‘coaching contract’ that would outline the engagement model as well as commercials.
- Coaching Engagement
- Post-Coaching Review & Conclusion